Lighting: Kitchen Lighting Solutions
5 Day Kitchens of Memphis has a solution for your kitchen lighting needs, whether that be recessed lights, hanging pendants, or something in between! Lighting sets the ambiance in any room. In the kitchen it is important that the light is bright enough to be function, but also matches with the style and atmosphere of the kitchen.
Selecting Kitchen Light Fixtures
With the daily activities that take place in the kitchen, such as cooking, cleaning or entertaining, the kitchen has become an important part of our homes. The kitchen lighting you choose should consider these different activities, being both functional as well as stylish.
When selecting kitchen lighting, look for kitchen lights that are durable, easy to clean, and can hold high-wattage bulbs for extra light without getting too hot. Also, consider the number of people who will be using your kitchen and the activities that occur in this room.
There are a variety of lighting options to brighten your kitchen space:
- Track Lighting – They are easy to add to, easy to aim, and provide general, task, and accent lighting all in one system. Tracks accept individual fixtures that swivel and move, directing light just where you need it.
- Surface Mounted Lighting – Lighting fixtures installed on walls or ceilings are excellent at providing general lighting and can be decorative as well. Chandeliers and pendant lights are popular decorative options.
- Ceiling Fan – The proper ceiling fan can serve as both a great light source and a reliable system for circulating air through your kitchen.
- Recessed Lighting – This lighting design is more efficient, reliable and offers more design options and is the most popular choice for kitchens because they can handle a range of lighting tasks.
- Under Cabinet Lighting – To avoid shadows in work areas, be sure to use the benefits of under cabinet lighting. They can be used to light display cabinets or niches, under cabinets to brighten work areas, or installed above cabinets to wash upper walls with light.
- Rope Lighting – A new way to add ambient lighting in your kitchen and can be installed above the cabinet or even inside existing cabinets.
With the endless options to choose from, you can avoid frustration by having the 5 Day Kitchens of Memphis team help you decide which lighting fixtures would suit your kitchen best.